Although, even a few long-time Christians seemed to have difficulty answering that question. Realizing this, I wanted to share with you readers some of the things that we talked about.
Read: Romans 1:16 ESV, and Philippians 1:20
Here are 6 practical things to help you share your faith.
1. Pray for your friends. This is the most important step of them all, hence why I put it first. Ask God to give you a heart and a passion to share your faith with your friends, and to soften their hearts.
2. Do not be afraid to talk about your faith. This has probably been my biggest struggle with sharing my faith. I know that I am not alone in this! If this is you, read Philippians 1:20 again. We can draw strength and courage from this passage. Make this your hope!
3. Ask questions. Ask what people believe. This is a simple way to start conversations about spiritual things. Ask why they believe it, what they think happens after they die, how the universe began, or other important topics. Then ask them if you can share what you believe and why you believe it. If you don’t know why you believe it, then check out why are Christian apologetics important?
4. Share your story. Tell others about how God has worked in your life. Your testimony is a powerful tool that can help lead others to Jesus. Share with them what God has done in your life. People like to dismiss what the bible says, but it is much harder to ignore how God has changed your life.
5. Be an example of Christ! People are always watching you! They are always evaluating how you treat others, the things you value, and what has priority in your life. All these actions need to match what you say when you are sharing your faith.
6. Invite someone to church or youth group. This is a great way to share with others what you believe. Explain to them that they don’t have to be a Christian to come to youth group or church. This can also provide a great opportunity for conversations before, during, or after to discuss what was talked about.
The two passages of scripture above show us that we should not be ashamed to share the gospel. It is the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ that gives us the courage to share the Word with others. One of Jesus’ last commands was for us to GO! and make disciples, and now that you are armed with some tools to help you share with others, go and do it!
If you have more questions, or would like help answering a question that maybe someone has asked you and you couldn’t answer, post a comment below! We would love to help you work through it!
First and foremost I am a follower of Christ. I am far from perfect, but everyday I try and take a step forward to be more like Him. I'm a 20 something writer, husband, youth pastor, realtor, entrepreneur, guitarist, and nerd.
Leave a comment